This paper discusses the challenges facing artificial intelligence (AI) as it relates to replicating the human brain and how these challenges are perceived by the human employee. Through my research I found approximately 19 challenges facing the growth and future development of A.I. in the workplace. A.I. is in 93% of all global industries and the remaining 7% are seriously looking into it. I reviewed academic sources to determine the challenges facing the advancement of A.I. in the workplace. A.I. extends all the way back to the 18th century Industrial Revolution. Since that time, human employees have feared becoming dehumanized and losing their livelihoods, causing them to be unemployed. However, their fears have not come to fruition. As A.I has grown, it has not replaced the human workforce, but augmented it.
Keywords: Artificial Intelligence (A.I.), Industrial Revolution, Turing Test, Machine Learning, Automation, Deep Learning,
Year Manuscript Completed
Senior Project Advisor
Dr. Tricia Jordan
Bachelor of Integrated Studies Degree
Field of Study
Forguson, Jeffrey and Forguson, Jeffrey, "Artificial Intelligence: Challenges For Future Growth" (2023). Integrated Studies. 433.